Sunday, December 12, 2010

Help-Portrait 2010...

It was a beautiful winter morning here a week ago, Saturday 4th was Help-Portrait day. The clouds hung low over the mountains, and yet somehow the bases of the mountains were brightly lit. I would have stopped for a couple photos but true to my modus operandi - I was running late. Once again this year we partnered with Northern Churches Care, and Rocky Mountain Calvary Chapel to host this amazing event. Several volunteers and I began moving chairs and tables, began setting up backdrops and lighting, and in a short time we were ready for our guests. We had just over 60 families signed up, and we were excited. I prefer the term "stoked". That's what I was :)

From 9am until 2pm we greeted, fed, and photographed families from our Colorado Springs Community. All in all 36 families had professional photographs taken, and they were able to have one 8x10 printed there while they waited, left with a frame of their choice and the Christmas spirit in their hearts.

I'd say this year was more stressful than last year, but regardless it felt great to give of ourselves and our talents. Looking forward to next year, as well as any other chances to bless others with photographs.

Here are just a few of the many awesome photos that came out of that day...











(These photos were not taken by me but by other talented volunteers. I did edit the photos.)

No comments:

Post a Comment