Tuesday, December 21, 2010

2010, what a year!

The year wraps up here in about 10 days, and what an incredible year it has been. Seeing that this is my photo blog I'll stick to photography :) I am blown away by the progression my photography has made this year. I've really only been applying myself at photography for just over a year. As part of my journey this year, I've invested countless hours and dollars into bettering my skill and trade, and have traveled all over North America. But the best part in all of this was the relationships that I made or improved upon along the way.

I'd like to thank the following people and organizations:
  • Christina Dickson, she has been a good friend since the summer of 09. And at the start of this year she was also my professional mentor. She has steered me in the right direction and given me encouragement when I felt overwhelmed. Christina is a brilliant wedding photographer and visionary. She has a HUGE heart (no it isn't Cardiomegaly), get to know her!
  • Rowan Gillson, is a world traveled and people loving photographer. Not only does he hope and pray for change, he's willing to goto the ends of the earth to make it happen. He invited me to attend a workshop in August of 09 and I've been able to find a creative outlet that I really didn't know was buried in me. If he's not at home in Oregon he might just be in New Zealand, South Africa, Colorado or Fiji. 
  • Institute of Photographic Studies, is the organization that hosted the workshop that Rowan invited me to and it is where the fire for photography; for Encountering God - Discovering vision - Photographing life took off. If you have any inkling to get into photography, or to better your skills, then definitely check out their website. The organization and their awesome instructors will literally change your life. No joke.

I took sooo many images this year, thousands upon thousands. It was hard to narrow my favorite images down to a Top 10. But here they are! (Click on an image to see a larger image)

 Caleb Lazaro - Colorado Springs, CO

 My nephew Noah - Palm Springs, CA

 Port of Los Angeles - LA, CA

 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

 Colorado Bridge - Colorado Springs, CO


 Lydia & Leland's wedding - Lakemont, GA

 Christa Taylor - Portland, OR

 Emily - Colorado Springs, CO

Kevin & Joanna's wedding (Joanna's dad) - Colorado Springs, CO

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words, Tim. It has been pretty sweet to watch you catch a vision for your photography and do all you can to pursue it. I know that God is using you to encourage others in their walks with Him, whether that includes a camera or not. Stay strong!!

    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly am so. very. proud of you Tim. I have seen God work in your heart in such incredible ways. It was truly an honor to work with you and have you as a friend. I wish you every blessing as you continue your journey!

    ReplyDelete