Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year = New Project

I'm not one for making resolutions, so the new project I have in mind isn't that. It's my realizing that I love photography and need to shoot more frequently. So here's what I'm thinking... The project which for now I'm dubbing "A Day in the Life", will be comprised of one photograph from each waking hour in my day. A big challenge would be to try to complete this project in one actual day vs. compiling images from multiple days.

Other restraints I'm going to put on myself:

  • Shoot in full manual to include focus.
  • Shoot with my 50mm f/1.8 lens
  • Be creative with my shots; no mere "snapshots".
There you have it... I'm excited.

2 comments:

  1. Good challenge! When I first started really shooting, I used manual all the time because I was trying to figure out what did what. Then I discovered AV and I've gotten pretty lazy. Might be good to go back to manual sometimes. Oh yeah, I just ordered my first 50mm, the 1.4. Super excited to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my 1.8, and it was dirt cheap. Av is definitely my default shooting mode :)

    ReplyDelete